Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Begining

A new start and a new blog! Boy the road that my Dh and I have traveled has been a bumpy one. I can still hear my dad preaching to me when I announced my engagment to my husband. We were very young when we got engaged. My Dh had just turned 21 and I was 20. We have been best friends for a couple of years, before we decided to start dating.
Our story is an interesting one to say the least. I honest have to thank my ex-boyfriend for introducing me to the wonderful man I married. We met shortly after I started dating this guy, and we will call him J. J and my husband had met in high school during their senior year. They became gaming buddies, so when I started looking for a guy to set up with my cousin, J suggested David.
Yes I know what you are thinking. I did say our story was intesting one, did I not? J and I eneded our relationship about a year after my cousin and David. Since I helped David though his break up, he was there to comfort me. That's when I truly started tp see him, as more then a friend.
I was not quite ready to start another relationship, but David swept me off my feet. We ended up dating and getting engaged all in three months time. I want to say my parents were shocked when I announced our engagement, but I honestly do not think that they were that suprised. I am sure they had their suspicions.
A year and a half later, we became husband and wife. Shortly after, we became pround parents to a beautiful baby boy, Nathan. Shaun joined Nathan two years later. Then two years after that we accquired our cute little pug Cole. Yes, I am in a house surrounded by men.
This was only the begining of our jounrey. In another post, I will share how we came to be an Army family expereincing our first TDS. For those of you that don't know, my husband is one a one year unaccompanied tour. When I say TDS, I mean Temporary duty station.
Stay Strong and Keep Reading,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments, and feedback!