Monday, September 5, 2011

Becoming an Army Family!


     My last post was about how my dh and I met. I am going to tell to explain how our family became an Army family.  After my second son was born, my husband thought it would be important to get a college degree. I was in the process of getting mine, and I agreed that it would.
                  When he completed his bachelor’s degree in IT, and the job market being as it was. He started to consider the option of joining the military. This was not the first time David had considered the military. He thought about joining the Navy, like his Dad once when he was younger. Though at the time his dad thought college was more important and pushed my dh into the direction.
                  Here he found himself, at the same decision once again. This time he was considering the Army. We discussed this option, for over a month. This was not an easy decision for my husband.    The perks of joining the Army for us were defiantly worth considering. If he joined he would be making more money. He would be getting paid on time and the right amount. This believe it or not, was a major problem at the last place he worked. Then our family would have medical insurance, dental and eye insurance.
     My dh also would qualify for Loan repayments. All those were major improvements over what we had. Though of all the good, we had to consider the bad.  What kind of danger would he be in? How much of the children’s lives would he miss? Could our marriage survive the long absence away from each other?
    After a lot of prayer and careful consideration, we decided that it would be our best option for our family. So my husband started the paperwork. He signed his papers in June 2010 and he left for basic training October 2010.
     I hope you are enjoying reading our story. There is still much to come before we even make it to where we are now. If you are or have been in this same place then you know what a hard but rewarding road our soldiers take. Please feel free to comment or share your story!


This Picture was taken the night before he left for Basic.

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. We hope that our service people get paid on time, don't we? Darn government! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm adding you to my reader :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, and feedback!